The cover of Bouquets de Noel shows an organ even though this is a choral LP without an organ in sight (or sound). The performers are the Ensemble Vocal de Paris, a notable chorus of the time. Directing the proceedings is André Jouve, who was in his mid-20s at the time and in the midst of a recording contract with the French Ducretet-Thomson label, which had him conduct both orchestral and choral music. Several of these can be found on Rene Gagnaux's excellent site.
![]() |
| Ducretet-Thomson Cover |
Regardless, this is a very good record with the vocal ensemble handing Renaissance music by du Caurroy, Costeley and Praetorius as nicely as the carols on side 2. My transfer is from a German Telefunken pressing with good sound.
Happy holidays to all!



14 comments:
Link (Apple lossless):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nsl57volq5dws97/Bouquets_de_No%EBl_%28Jouve%29.zip/file
Thanks, Buster! And Merry Christmas to you and yours!
thank you very much for all your offerings this year & this christmas. top of the season to you. -cheers, a.v.
Many thanks dear Buster for these French Christmas songs under André Jouve. Jouve was also famous for his activities at ORTF (the former Radio France)...he left a few quite good LPs, mainly vocal music.
i believe it was one of your postings of bela bartok that had me running for the fire exits earlier this year. my new year's resolution is to attempt a more considered and adult approach to this stuff. but i'm getting ahead of myself. today, it's just thanks and merry christmas. take care.
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone!
centuri - Thanks for the information. I figured you would know!
barba - I do hope you enjoy it, whatever you download from this site! Merry Christmas to you!
Merry XMAS Buster and thanks kindly for this old one.
Merry Christmas to you as well, rowgatien!
Thank you Buster for all the great albums you shared this year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Rich
Merry Christmas, Rich!
Thank you Buster. Merry Christmas though late.
I don't know why I do this, but I think it's turning into a tradition. Since Ernie has been having such banner years lately, I tend to pay attention to his posts during the season, and then visit other blogs after.
Anyway, I appreciate all you post, and just as much that it's lossless.
Dear Buster!
I looking forward to the first Christmas shares! My life is not too well these days, but your Christmas things will always make me feel better.
When will the first come?
Best wishes!
Hello Lennonka,
Hope you are doing better soon! The Christmas shares will start in the next few days.
Best - Buster
Thank you very much Buster!
Post a Comment