
These were the first recordings of Victor Young soundtracks to be issued. I am not certain, but I strongly suspect that For Whom the Bell Tolls appeared in a 78-rpm set soon after the 1943 film appeared, with the same being true after Golden Earrings came out in 1947. This LP issue is from 1949.
Both have memorable themes and a strong if slightly fusty atmosphere. Victor Young was a great talent; we've seen quite a bit of him around here, and will see more, no doubt.
I've transferred these sides as lossless files to preserve the character of the recordings. This post is in response to a request from some folks over at franklynot.
NEW LINK

11 comments:
Yep! I am one of these folks! But I can't convert them (yet).
Btw, where do you get these, euh, ... Collector items???
THX for sharing!!!
@ Princes Valiant,
It's relatively simple to find freeware that will convert flac files to wav files or mp3s. I use foobar2000.
I've been collecting records for many, many years and have quite a large collection.
Try Flac Frontend! It's very easy and free.
Good luck, Ron
Ok, thanks a lot!
Thank you for all the work you do converting and uploading these lps. I'm snagging Golden Earrings.
PS: What additional programs do you need to get Foobar2000 to do the converting to from flac to mp3 cause I really prefer the mp3 format?
I've downloaded foobar2000 to convert the flac files to mp3 but it seems I need additional files/codecs ... any ideas what they are and where to get them?
I use a free program located here.
"http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html"
Does a very good job of converting flac to mp3 and no other programs or codecs are needed.
@ LaraQ,
There are some good suggestions above. If you want to use foobar to reencode flac files, you first need the flac encoder, which you can get from flac.sourceforge.net/. You need to install it and then point foobar to the encoder. In foobar, follow this path: File > Preferences > Tools > Converter. Then put the location of the flec encoder in the Command Line Encoder box. For a flac encoder installed in the default location, that would be: C:\Program Files\FLAC\
Thank you. I just tried switch from the site above and it tried to go to install on demand and download another file for the converting which my computer security claimed was an unknown site and suggested blocking. Very frustrating. I already tried foobar2000 without success.
sir ... please re-upload The Links ... it says invalid or deleted file ... Thank you in Advance ....
Post a Comment