
Here is a terrific Victor Young score ripped from a pristine pressing. No idea who conducts this one - there is no conductor listed, although the orchestra is the Munich Symphony, which I think is a pseudonym.
Posting this as a result of a request from Princes Valiant over at Franklynot.
NEW LINK

11 comments:
Posted this request a few hours ago before going to bed. Couldn't sleep, signed in again and... AND... AAAAAAAAH. This IS a beautiful score, and the quality of your lin is FAAAR more better than my own original copy. Thhhhhanks A LOT.
BTW how do you scan lp covers?
Note: indeed, no conductor mentioned...
@ Princes Valiant,
Well, it so happens that I ripped this for Jean a while back, so I already had it done.
I don't scan 12-inch LP covers because you have to piece them together, which is a drag. I shoot them in strong sunlight using a digital camera with image stabilization. I then clean them up in Photoshop. I am gradually getting better at it.
Hope you get some sleep.
The Munich Symphony was founded in 1945. They still excists. There was a lot of travelling around the world. So it's not very clear where this recording took place, but Victor Young was the conductor. Riddle solved?
Ron
Hi Ron,
I think what is now called the Munich Symphony was called the Graunke Symphony way back in the 1950s when it made other film recordings under Kurt Graunke. Could be that this is that band, or a variation of it.
Hi Buster,
That could be possible. It's a mystery to me why those great composers used German orchestras. There where great studio orchestras in the USA. I am retired and it looks like fun to do a little investigation because 'I have all the time in the world',
Ron
By the way. Thanks for the great music. Everyday the first thing I do. Put on my pc and look to the bookmarked blogs. It's almost always a pleasure. Keep up. Perhaps sometimes a rare Alfred Newman?
Buster,
Thanks a million, as usual, awesome share. Much better than my old copy. :)
Still remains great music!
It was and is much cheaper to record overseas than with union American orchestras. Many American film scores have been done in Germany and in the Eastern countries.
The Link is Broken
Dowload not avaliable
sir ... please re-upload The Links ... it says invalid or deleted file ... Thank you in Advance ....
Post a Comment