A great musician died yesterday - pianist-singer Page Cavanaugh, whose work has already been featured here on two occasions. Page was 86.
Here is a fine example of his talents - an MGM album from the early 50s. The emphasis here is on the piano, and just as much on the guitarist, who may be Al Viola (no credits on this one).
I learned about Page's death from Bill Reed; please go to his blog, the People vs. Dr. Chilledair, to learn more about this fine artist.
NEW LINK
'Clouds' and 'Lost in a Fog'
-
This is a companion piece to a post on the main blog in which I discuss Les
Brown's 1952 LP *Musical Weather Vane*, along with two other Brown albums.
Th...
1 month ago


8 comments:
I am very sorry to hear the news about Page Cavanaugh. It wasn't long ago when I watched my copy of Romance On The High Seas.
Thank you for posting this record - unfortunately I have very little of his in my collection.
I found you through another website (blog) this morning... I almost fell off my chair ! I adore 10" and as I collect records, I'm always happy to find some in used records stores. I've had a look on many pages here and I salivate for things I'll listen to... soon!
Thanks in advance!
(If you are ever looking for something specific, ask me, I have about 200 ten-inches records)
@ Mel,
You and I have very similar tastes, as you know. I recently watched Romance etc. myself!
@ Ravel,
Thanks for your note! I will remember to ask you if there is something I need - and please feel free to do the same with me.
More Page is welcome, even to recognize his sad passing... Thanks
Sad to hear of his passing. Thanks for keeping his memory alive.
This one I missed too...So thanks man!
j.
One of the first Long Playing Records on our coffee Table back in the early 1950's when things were going from 78s to Long Play. I met Page in LA once and told him so. He laughed.
CLASP
Post a Comment