
Who wouldn't want to own a record of the Military Band of the Chinese People's Liberation Army playing such gems as "Be Vanguards in Criticizing Lin Piao and Confucius," "We Are Miners, and Soldiers Too," and "Thousands of the 'Iron Men' Boldly Forge Ahead"?
OK, I guess that group includes most everyone, except perhaps the Gang of Four and me. I don't suspect this platter set any sales records even at the height of the Cultural Revolution, when it was issued in the early 1970s.
The wonder is that despite its agitprop trappings, this record is actually a tuneful listen - conservative Western-style music, at times reminiscent of Gustav Holst's wind band music. So while I can't claim that it will revolutionize either your musical tastes or political beliefs, this LP isn't as awful as I expected it to be either.
REUPPED LINK (JUNE 2014)

12 comments:
I cannot possibly thank you enough for this; ever since seeing The Last Emperor when I was 13, i've been enthralled by communist stuff like this.
Long days and pleasant nights.
wanna take a look on the back cover to see the songs name in Chinese.
May I?
appreciated
@ blue,
I don't have a scan of the back cover at hand, but I'll make one next time I do covers.
@ blue,
And here is the scan of the back cover -
http://rapidshare.com/files/293986022/Party_Leads_Us_On_to_Victory.jpg
thanks a million
got it with thanks
The download link is dead. Can you reup it, please?
Thanks for all the re-up links. I am interested in classical music recorded during the communist time in Eastern Europe's countries. So if you have recordings by ETERNA, Supraphon, Hungaroton, Balkanton, Electrecord, Melodiya or Melodiya...just upload them because you will have a very well deserved welcome.
Buster, can you please reload this LP whenever you find the time? This LP and the other by Melodiya (with Karl Marx on the cover) are the kinds of LPs I run toward with breakneck speed. Thanks!
OK, will do.
However, you are showing a suspicious leftist tendency in your tastes.
New link:
https://mega.co.nz/#!yF9AhQCa!UAOjBl-ZziIpZ_o2GNfo-UNczEVbqV32cp2m_E8dZfU
Thanks again, Buster!
Be seeing you :)
Post a Comment