First of all, something that isn't so much a digression as a correction. Reader Steve Waldee was kind enough to point out in the nicest possible way that the post of Hovhaness' St. Vartan Symphony had its two parts reversed. (The record was mastered incorrectly. Honest!) And oh by the way, I had the symphony's numbering wrong, too. It's not number 7, it's 9.
Well, so much for my thin veneer of infallibility. Hearty thanks to Steve for his note - and to all who comment on these pages. It is so appreciated, even when you point out the error of my words or deeds.
The link on the post has been corrected.
A couple of other notes...
In putting together the (very popular) Kathryn Grayson post, I had the distinct sense that a few of the tracks were not pitched correctly, judging by her vibrato. I am guessing that they were sped up slightly to make her voice brighter. If anyone has any information (or even opinions) on this, I'd be happy to hear them.
Finally, loyal readers, assuming there are such folks, know that I am very interested in record graphics. A new and very expensive book called Classique looks at (guess what) classical record covers. Some of you might want to check it out here.
'Clouds' and 'Lost in a Fog'
-
This is a companion piece to a post on the main blog in which I discuss Les
Brown's 1952 LP *Musical Weather Vane*, along with two other Brown albums.
Th...
3 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment