When I posted the Doris Day set below, I commented that I had adjusted the faulty pitch, and that is was now "spot on." Reader Mac gently suggested that my assertion was not, in fact, "spot on." Too low, he said. So I checked, and he was right! So now there is a new, repitched (higher) version available both in the comments of the original post, and in the comments to this post.
My apologies to all those who downloaded the previous version and thought, like Mac, that Doris sounded a little lugubrious.
'Clouds' and 'Lost in a Fog'
-
This is a companion piece to a post on the main blog in which I discuss Les
Brown's 1952 LP *Musical Weather Vane*, along with two other Brown albums.
Th...
1 month ago

8 comments:
Link to new, repitched version:
https://mega.nz/#!vI00DCab!UetkX-fmy5UvjCXsAeWiWprRA85iAlEUfcH6T6FuKow
Thank you for the updated link. Pretty sure this is the first time anywhere that the word lugubrious has been used in the same sentence with the name of Doris Day.
Thank you a lot, for this especial material about the femme, beautiful and nice woman!!! Hi from Venezuela
Carmiguel - Thanks and greetings from the US!
Hi Buster! Thanks for posting these treasures in perfect sound quality. I have some questions. I noted that you worked on 21 tracks, same tracklist and titles of the Standar Transcriptions cd. Hindsight records edited two cd compiling this kind of stuff in two separate cd's: S'Wonderful and Sentimental Journey. In total, they provided 32, 11 tracks more, included versions of Coffee, Cigarettes and Memories (yes, like Jeri Southern album), Duke's I got it bad or Gerswhin's Embreceable you. Any chance to add this 11 different tracks not represented here? I must confess that the relaxed jazzy approach of the radio transcriptions always has something really captivating to my ears... Thanks in advance and thanks again for all this stuff :)
Hi Rio Veneto! I have one of those sets but not the other, so I confined myself to an issue of the transcriptions on another label. It appears, though, that the label "complete" was too optimistic.
Hi Buster. I try to contact you personally but was quite difficult. I have now both sets. They offer 14 songs more. If you're interested I can provide to you them? An email account will be really welcome ;)
Hi there - it's busterooni@gmail.com
Post a Comment