![]() |
| Wanda Wiłkomirska |
It's a composition fully worthy of her advocacy. Karłowicz wrote in the late Romantic idiom, and this is one of the great under-appreciated works of the period. The unfortunate composer lived only to age 32, perishing in an avalanche while on a ski trip in 1909.
Wiłkomirska is flawless in this 1962 reading, where she is backed by the Warsaw National Philharmonic Symphony, conducted by Witold Rowicki.
![]() |
| Mieczysław Karłowicz |
The sound on this 1962 Polskie Nagrania Muza album lacked bass (basically, there wasn't any). It also had a right-channel bias. I've adjusted things and the sound is now reasonably vivid, with Wiłkomirska's violin coming through well.
I also have Wiłkomirska's recordings of violin concertos by Szymanowski and Wieniawski and can transfer them if there is interest.




13 comments:
Link (Apple lossless):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xpaxall6o8h8jzb/Karlowicz%20-%20Violin%20Concerto%2C%20The%20Sorrowful%20Tale%20%28Wilkomirska%29.zip
I've always been impressed with the quality of your vinyl rips Buster. I imagine this will be a significant improvement. Thanks!
Thanks, rev.b! I try my best; glad to hear you like the results.
Part 1 would not download - message given was "file name or format name too long" - could you give another link?
Thank you
Thanks so much Buster for this rarity !
Karłowicz was an outstanding composer.
Alternative link:
https://mega.nz/#!XY0DjL4S!7NURBFFzGekGYRsv5vW980aaff-JwRe0VS1XImQdxpg
That worked a treat! Many thanks
Nigel
I love this music. Thanks so much Buster.
links not working ,please reupload, thanks in advance
Anon - Both links do work. Make sure you are copying the complete string.
sorry ,my mistake
Many thanks for this fine work played so well!
Peter - You are welcome! I forgot about this one.
Post a Comment