I am kicking off the annual Christmas sharing season with this record of music from Sweden, chosen and originally purchased because I like the cover. Can't figure out, though, why the sleigh is shooting flames out the back. That can't be safe.
 |
| Egon Kjerrman |
In truth, it's really only half a Christmas record. But since all the music is completely unfamiliar, at least to me, that doesn't matter much, particularly because it's all attractive - again, at least to me.
The record is from 1954, and the Christmas items feature Egon Kjerrman and his orchestra. Kjerrman was then with the Swedish radio. He accompanies three different groups and a soprano.
The second side has five traditional Swedish dances with the orchestras of Valle Söderlund and Kalle Nilo.
Good sound and pleasant listening for the holiday season.
12 comments:
Link (Apple lossless):
http://www.mediafire.com/?ymbjr0mzdwxlwn2
Thanks Buster,
I look forward to listening to this.
Thanks,
Rich
Thanks, Buster! Looks more than interesting! And I wish I could tell you why the sleigh is belching fire, but I have no idea. Swedish Christmas records have the best covers. I think half of them feature guys in Santa suits holding up sausages!
Ernie - Perhaps they use the flames from the sleigh (or the ones behind the house) to heat up the sausages.
You'll like this record. It's very jolly.
I love the cover as well.
Thanks for the Xmas cheer (even if I don't know what they're saying)
Keepers for me are Kyckling-Polka & Trollebo-Schottis from side 2
Doug,
Favorites of mine, too!
Interesting LP all around, Buster. Thanks for sharing, it hits the playlist this afternoon.
Thanks so much Buster! My Swedish girlfriend enjoyed singing along with the Christmas medley for me. A very nice start to my christmas listening this year!
Mark - How wonderful!
Best holiday wishes to all.
Hello
Thank you.
Ya shure, dis is Varsågod (very good). Tack så mycket (Thank you very much)--- from Mark in Minnesota [Land of 10 million Swedes!)
Open invitation to my private music blog. Send your e-mail to: trumarkgold@gmail.com
My guess is those are torches attached to either side of the sleigh so they can see where they're going in the wintry dark :-) And thanks for these uploads, Buster. They're wonderful!
Post a Comment