02 November 2020

Music for the Presidential Election

My friend Ernie has knocked together a superb compilation of election-related songs, which he is offering on his blog, Ernie (Not Bert). Ernie is well known for his Christmas posts, but he also chimes in with other goodies on rare and very welcome occasions.

Believe me, this has any number of gems amidst its 37 selections. I am looking forward to contributions by such notables as Duke Ellington, Kenny Delmar, Louis Jordan, Sophie Tucker, the Sons of the Pioneers, Yogi Yorgesson, and of course Buzz Connie's "Vote for Mr. Boogie." Ernie even includes several post office songs.

If you are in the US, or even if you aren't, you can use Ernie's playlist to accompany watching the election returns, then to console yourself if things don't break your way.

Thanks, Ernie!

5 comments:

Ernie said...

Thanks, Buster! I hope it lives up to all the hype. It was a pleasure to put together. Now everyone needs to get out and vote! :)

Your Pal Doug said...

How wonderful.
Gonna listen to Doodles Weaver first

Buster said...

Doug - Always a good choice.

rev.b said...

Thx Ernie via Buster. Gonna spend my evening with this because I get a hoot out of Doodles Weaver and I'm too nervous about the election results. Here's to better days.

Buster said...

rev.b - Good plan.