My own introduction was via Rudolf Serkin, and of course I remain
attached to his readings. But these interpretations by Dorfmann have their own stature, with both poetry and power as required.The sound is generally good, although the first movement of the Moonlight was problematic - my pressing had severe distortion in several places on one or the other channel. Luckily this was only on one channel at a time, and I was able to negotiate my way through to a largely unblemished final product. In other places, you may notice some discoloration in the fortes, which may have been on the master tape; I hope this isn't too distracting.


9 comments:
Link (Apple lossless):
https://www.mediafire.com/?gj1v48ws51zeq5q
I have good memories from her recording with Toscanini /Beethoven PC1....much looking forward to discovering -thanks to you- this Sonatas LP !
i had not heard of this pianist before your blog & i am grateful to you for bringing her to my attention, i like her very much. the album you recently posted of schumann & tschaikovsky pieces for children was simply marvelous: a great concept for an album coupling & nicely played. so many pieces existing on the fringes of my memory were suddenly front & centre again & all played in a very appealing manner. and all your restorations are the stuff of legend or should be. -cheers, a.v.
One of the best "moonlights' I have ever heard. Crystal clear, moving without a trace of sentimentality. A perfect marriage of objectivity and grace. And another reason, other than sneezing, to say "God bless you!"
centuri, alfred and David - Thanks so much as always for your thoughtful and most welcome comments!
Dear Buster, Apologies, I've been meaning to thank you for this and all your generous Dorfmann offerings! Look forward to listening to them all. Best wishes, Nick
So many thanks! I've been hoping for this for years, and it's so rewarding to have it. I appreciate all your effort in making this available.
You are very welcome, Nick and Jon!
Another superb offering from you. Many thanks, and keep up the good work!
Post a Comment