I had a request for the collection of Jo Stafford Christmas singles that I put together five years ago, so I went ahead and refurbished them and am reupping them now.
The centerpiece of the collection is the medley of Christmas songs that Jo recorded with Gordon MacRae for the 1949 season, here in the 1955 EP edition (above).
Also included are her 1946 recordings of "Silent Night" and "White Christmas," her excellent 1953 version of "The Christmas Blues," and a 1952 duet with Frankie Laine on the country-tinged "Christmas Roses."
Paul Weston, as usual, accompanies.
'Clouds' and 'Lost in a Fog'
-
This is a companion piece to a post on the main blog in which I discuss Les
Brown's 1952 LP *Musical Weather Vane*, along with two other Brown albums.
Th...
1 month ago



12 comments:
This is wonderful Buster. Many thanks, and all the best to you and yours for a happy and peaceful festive season.
"Permission denied."
Thanks, Phillip, and a wonderful holiday to you as well.
alcue - The link seems to work; please try again.
just beautiful! thanks for these holiday treats
I also got a "Permission Denied" when I tried to download -- but was successful on a second try. Thanks for posting these recordings -- Stafford is a favorite of mine. I pull out her winter-themed "Ski Trails" LP every December.
Thanks for the post, Buster! And thanks for the comment, Stephen - without your comment, I would never have thought to try twice. (I kept the tab with the failed try open, and then tried again with a second tab which succeeded.)
thank you so much!!
Thank you so much for this seasonal treat. These are remarkable and we've been listening to them over and over.
Thanks, everyone, for the wonderful comments. So glad you are enjoying these superb recordings.
I haven't played this one yet but let me nonetheless wish you the best for the season and say thanks for a lot of good - and some exceptionally good - music over the year that I'd never, ever have heard otherwise. (Downloading from zippylink worked a treat BTW.)
Dave
Thank you Buster (and Happy New Year)!
New link:
https://mega.nz/#!qFUTiC4R!BCWRCF2Ij6WjXhPZIPfYdE6Jm91AsL-JmNBDj-iG-to
Post a Comment