11 April 2014

'Just for You' and Other Remastered Soundtracks and Shows

Many more reups today, all remastered and in much superior sound, and all from movies or shows.

The feature presentation is the Bing Crosby-Jane Wyman musical, Just for You, from 1952, with a Harry Warren score. The film is a favorite of mine, and I went on at length about it in my first post, drawing parallels between the plot and Crosby's life, and even introducing a discussion of Mamie Eisenhower's hairdo.

Otherwise, we have a studio version of the Rodgers-Hart show On Your Toes, three scores from the underrated George Duning, a Kenyon Hopkins score, and the soundtrack of The French Line with a singing Jane Russell.

Here's the roster. Find the links in the comments to this post, or my looking up the original posts.

Just for You (with Bing and Jane)

Me and the Colonel (Duning's score for the Danny Kaye film)

Naked City (Duning's music for the television show; this actually is a narrated musical on record a la Manhattan Tower, featuring the fantastic singer Jo Ann Greer)

On Your Toes (Jack Cassidy and Portia Nelson are featured)

Salome (with Duning's superb score)

The French Line (music by Josef Myrow; Russell stars with Gilbert Roland)

The Strange One (interesting Kenyon Hopkins score with a great jazz theme)

7 comments:

Buster said...

Links (Apple lossless):

Just for You
https://mega.co.nz/#!rIlGGabB!CRHnag5aeW5xncTi8ZV4yBAk-IEfM0EKJ3RWA-IT8B0

Me and the Colonel
https://mega.co.nz/#!CMUS1CbA!BhUNVmJQD43oXhuE6LP-Enf8FVcJgfntmmaRn7QIjWQ

Naked City
https://mega.co.nz/#!uVFz3KqS!SYNz9i5gw395OYEeS1m67npZ4B9E-89uEubji3pi6eA

On Your Toes
https://mega.co.nz/#!SR022RDA!RdWv9179DNcQl2tj6JSLBSijOQZr0PvYMZrTcbn3gjY

Salome
https://mega.co.nz/#!SMdQ2BwZ!Bo_bWg0M0RdCAOyU0vTcgDu7ko1AqGxCYkIiKt6lHEc

The French Line
https://mega.co.nz/#!jdFWHRTT!TOGy5h9XjjOprcLRSRj6nFhSqtFjaa8ZxKBp2iA7m7U

The Strange One
https://mega.co.nz/#!uVMl2ILZ!DkfozXU0M0ApYsARXBwUfwB3iJgHsGALbj9Z7XThfJc

earlybird said...

You have just made my day with these re-ups that I had never thought I'd see when finding them in your past posts.

Have A Great Day!

Mitch

Buster said...

earlybird - Have fun!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Kenyon Hopkins reup, Buster. Have several of his works now.
Jack

Buster said...

John - I like Hopkins. I must comb through my collection for more of his scores, although I think most of them post date the period I cover in this blog (up to about 1960).

centuri said...

THX, many thanks for all these reposts !!!

Jolyon50 said...

Many thanks Buster

My ignorance of this major area of music is so comprehensively bad that it really is great to have you as a guide

Best wishes

Jols