Sorry about the absence. I moved and my collection is now in a couple hundred boxes, which are in no particular order. No way to find anything. So in the interim, let me address the matter of reuploads. I have had many requests, almost none of which I have addressed. Tonight, I'll begin to do something about it.
The first group of reups is as follows:
Beethoven - Piano Concerto No. 4 (Mewton-Wood)
A fabulous performance by Noel Mewton-Wood and an orchestra led by Walter Goehr, from an old MMS LP. Vivid sound, but a bit noisy. This is newly remastered. LINK TO ORIGINAL POST
Copland - Danzon Cubano, Three Blues, Our Town (Copland, Smit)
From a Concert Hall LP, Leo Smit interprets Copland piano music, joined by the composer for Danzon Cubano. Remastered. LINK TO ORIGINAL POST
Copland - Clarinet Concerto; Piano Quartet (Benny Goodman, New Music Quartet)
More Copland - the first recording of the clarinet concerto (with Benny Goodman); the thornier piano quartet with the New York Quartet. Remastered. LINK TO ORIGINAL POST
Mickey Katz - The Family Danced
Katz's great klezmer-style LP reappears. LINK TO ORIGINAL POST
See comments for new links. More to come.
'Clouds' and 'Lost in a Fog'
-
This is a companion piece to a post on the main blog in which I discuss Les
Brown's 1952 LP *Musical Weather Vane*, along with two other Brown albums.
Th...
1 month ago

8 comments:
NEW LINKS
Beethoven - Piano Concerto No. 4 (Mewton-Wood)
http://www.mediafire.com/?025676ce03dd1c4
Copland - Danzon Cubano, Three Blues, Our Town (Copland, Smit)
http://www.mediafire.com/?pu4qa22qdz0e52d
Copland - Clarinet Concerto; Piano Quartet (Benny Goodman, New York Quartet)
http://www.mediafire.com/?682z07fxb4hiag7
Mickey Katz - The Family Danced
http://www.mediafire.com/?s60ik0ab11ok6t9
thanks so much for these re-ups -- if you hear a joyful shriek in the morning, it will be that of a young preteen clarinetist Goodman and Copland fanboi here in Canada who has just learned that we now have this historic recording for his edification ;)
Welcome back, Buster, and thank you for taking requests. I missed these the first time round.
welcome to my new great blog:
Georgy-hi-fi-story.blogspot.com
Welcome back Buster!!!!
j.
Welcome back, sir! Ain't moving a pain?
Welcome, welcome, welcome back!
Nice to have you back, Buster. Glad you survived the move.
As a late comer to your blog, I despaired of ever seeing these great posts. Thanks a million for the reups!
Post a Comment