Just a quick word of explanation for those of you (and there have been quite a few) asking for re-ups. I kept all the links on this blog active for a number of years, until several months ago when Rapidshare got the goofies and began to charge for something called "Rapids," which no one could figure out, and stopped telling you when you were running out of same. At that point I just said the heck with it and moved to another, more straightforward service.
The result is that my old links are expiring, and honestly, I don't know when I will get around to re-upping them. The biggest problems are that I have very little time, I often can't find my archive copies, and even if I could find them, I wouldn't t be happy with the quality and would want to redo them. (I am much better at this than I was years ago.) Also, I am very absent-minded; I forget what people asked me for.
I will try to do some re-ups starting in a few weeks, though, when I hope to have some time.
'Clouds' and 'Lost in a Fog'
-
This is a companion piece to a post on the main blog in which I discuss Les
Brown's 1952 LP *Musical Weather Vane*, along with two other Brown albums.
Th...
3 months ago

9 comments:
Did you start getting those annoying emails from RapidShare telling you which files would be deleted today? They were annoying, yet somehow informative. I had forgotten I was sharing a lot of those things, as had a lot of people, I guess.
I was a premium user of Rapidshare for years till they started with those "rapids" that I don't fully understood how they work. I see now that you have the same problem. In fact, is a Rapidshare problem, not ours because we cancelled our subscriptions
I have found some real nuggets here as well, and I may have been remiss in not thanking you...but just in case I have, thank you. Now, as to RS, I don't like them as they take forever to get files as a freebie (yeah, I'm cheap). I'm not sure if you have used mediafire, but there are blogs that use it, and there is no wait time for free downloads, and the average time for about 40 meg of file is about 4-5 minutes.
Just a thought.
Jack
@Luis
so did i
@Buster
thank you for the care taken about us, downloaders. hope to see some gemstones of your work dragged back into the dayligt.
and let the ☠R☠S☠ perish!
some hosters are not so hostile to their users, as the ☠R☠S☠ is.
You've posted some great stuff here, so I want to tell you that I appreciate your efforts and give you an emphatic "Thank you."
Time is a factor, and improving qualities in transferring is another one! Whatever you choose, I'm glad with everything you post and really enjoy your blog a lot!
The contemplation of Rapidshare's blithe elimination of uniquely available Jackie Paris is enough to make me covet the power to spank them. And wish I'd discovered you before they got up to their nonsense. I'm very sorry that they're being that way, and I thank you for your excellent efforts.
I appreciate what you have posted, Buster, and hope that as time allows you can redo and re-up some of the earlier material. (I happen to prefer FLAC files.) At any rate, thanks!
definitely much appreciated. I also prefer FLACs, at least that way if you want to retain the high quality you can, or if you chose to degrade to MP3 it is an option you can pursue. Once you are down to MP3 level you cannot go back to restore better quality sound. Please keep going!
Post a Comment