
I've mentioned on a number of occasions that the graphics for 78 rpm albums often were much more elaborate and colorful that the graphics for the LP issues of the same material.
The first version of Manhattan Tower (not the later "complete" version directly below) is a good example. The LP issue was spartan, but the 78 album was very colorful and better represented the work itself. The cover of the 78 album is above.
78 albums sometimes had insert booklets, similar to the booklets that accompanied LP box sets. Manhattan Tower had a six-panel folder - its cover is shown below.
The download includes the album cover and scans of the booklet. Hope this is of interest to the many Manhattan Tower aficionados.
Note: the new link in the comments below contains both the 78 graphics and the LP transfer and graphics.

7 comments:
Thanks very much indeed!
Never seen the 78 RPM version for this, much less an insert. Thanks for sharing!
Buster...are you going to post the "Academy Award Winning Songs" album, by Gordon Jenkins? Also, what about "La Boutique Fantasque" ballet, by Rossini (orchestrated by Respighi)? I remember you told me you had both of these.
Gil
Gil,
I do have the Jenkins, so it's in the queue for soon. I wasn't able to find the Rossini-Respighi, which surprised me because I seem to remember a number of versions. It's a fairly standard item, so you shouldn't have a problem running it down otherwise.
Thank you so much for this one!
It's of GREAT interest! Thank you so much!
New link (includes 78 and LP graphics and remastered LP transfer):
https://mega.nz/#!aZ1hDSSA!3-3xcJRROVspGMxsxZDp-C-KalmSwRvolLJr0e9s-xc
Post a Comment