
This is a relatively obscure Gordon Jenkins record that Gil requested a while ago. It's a little outside the usual time period of this blog - it dates from 1959. But we've been exploring Gordon's output here, so why not.
Note that the cover says the Jenkins conducts the music. These actually aren't his arrangements. They are by Wayne Robinson, of whom I know nothing. Also, this is the mono version of an album that was recorded in stereo. Nevertheless, it's a very enjoyable listen in vivid sound.

9 comments:
Interesting. I dare not miss this even though they are not Jenkins arrangements.
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you again for another wonderful transfer from LP to flac. I truly appreciate the discovery of musical gems from the past. "Manhattan Tower" was especially interesting - and your rare film scores like "Salome" and "Omar K" are real treasures.
Any chance of a re-upload on Mediafire or Mega?
Remastered version (Apple lossless):
https://mega.nz/#!HNFhnDyS!l6OED6eaWimHILQKe2lgdxflZ9eEg0oOO4Dg8cF1xvU
I have ripped the versions of White Christmas and Baby It's Cold Outside from what appears to have been a Stereo copy for Christmas in July. I'll have to look and see if I can find my copy and share a stereo dub with you sometime.
Ern - Sounds good!
And more thanks!
Three years later, I hold in my hand the stereo copy! Still want a rip? Maybe after Christmas in July wraps up. :) Remind me!
Ernie - Sure, would love to have it. Thanks!
Post a Comment