Here are Dave's thoughts on his latest compilation:
An Ardmore Halloween 2024
"Never in my life did I imagine making the mix you, if you choose to do so, are about to hear. 'An Ardmore Halloween 2024' is an unlikely first and likely last in this series of annual Big 10-Inch Record holiday posts. I will continue to celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. But this will be a one-time-only contribution.
"What started out as a game became a serious pursuit in search of a mix that would honor all of the denotations and connotations of this holiday which, if nothing else, is responsible for more childhood tooth decay than all other holidays combined. Incipient diabetes may also be indebted to this night of free candy handouts to excited, giggly kids with outstretched bags and bowls while their parents stand gamely on the sidewalk.
"Since I am an avid collector of vintage vinyl, there will be a lot of music suitable for silly black sabbaths of the past. But there’s a fair dose of music from a much nearer present. I don’t venture into this century because all that music will be playing in your favorite chain stores. But there was a golden age of harum-scarum songs in my parents' and grandparents' times and I thought you’d like to hear what brought goose bumps to music buyers when there were still record stores."
Thanks, Dave - great material, as always!


6 comments:
Voila, my Halloween 2024 soundtrack! Thx Dave for the compilation and Buster for the post/link.
Enjoy, rev.b!
Can never get enough vintage Halloween music -- thanks Dave & Buster
Hope you like it, MrDave!
Hi Buster and Hi Dave, I am both scared and frightened and non-frightened just looking at these titles.
Halloween is my second favorite holiday of the year, right behind Christmas.
Thanks to both of you for sharing this playlist. I can add it to my ever-growing Halloween collection of music and stories.
Thanks, Bryan, from Dave and me!
Post a Comment