Here is the full confession. Clicking on the title will take you to the original post.
Enescu Plays Enescu. This remarkably ugly cover contains some sublime music: George Enescu's second violin sonata as played by the composer and accompanist Céliny Chailley-Richez. Remington's sound is just alright, but the performances are definitive.
Kathryn Grayson Sings (expanded). For this post, I took the 10-inch LP and added seven numbers from two 12-inch records from M-G-M's star soprano. The result is a satisfying mix of songs from soundtrack and studio. I fixed the pitch, too.
Johnny Smith - Jazz at N.B.C. Series (expanded). This is another expanded edition, based on one of the great guitarist's 10-inchers and adding a bunch of additional tunes from his Roost sessions. Most cuts feature the fabulous Stan Getz.
Patrice Munsel in Melba (OST). In her only film role, Patrice Munsel played famed soprano Nellie Melba in this 1953 biopic. I've remastered the enjoyable soundtrack, re-recording two of the cuts. I added Spoliansky's "Melba Waltz," written for the film, from a single.
Follow @BusterBig10Inch

3 comments:
Thanks, Buster. Good to know what you were up to ten years ago, isn't it? :)
Love these Buster, thanks so much for doing what you could to improve your prior efforts!
Hi folks - and thanks for the comments!
Post a Comment