This set of great Protestant hymns is a sequel to his A Treasury of Hymns, and is in some ways preferable because it was done on pipe organ rather than an electronic instrument.
These 1957 recordings are from New York's Riverside Church, Fox's own territory, and its Aeolian-Skinner organ.
![]() |
| Promotional flyer from 1957 |
This repertoire is highly suited to the holidays, at least for this blogger, being familiar, comforting and inspiring. Hope you enjoy these simple gifts of the season.
All my earlier Fox shares are still available - links are in the comments.



9 comments:
Links (Apple lossless):
Great Protestant Hymns
https://mega.nz/#!jctmBCCA!MmlT-w5EI29_eqYICXxGZ5vO0ASxOoVLNvznweX-iEQ
https://www.mediafire.com/?po75dfiepjczbee
Christmas Carols on the Organ
https://mega.co.nz/#!OcFzVJRB!GShttRkOn9mKnoplkmPG3D57kFZ2ULNVh28eY96YgcY
A Treasury of Hymns
https://mega.co.nz/#!WJk0wDjR!cSoMOSsfgAGPAv_zo8ExnWSx_1m6oLHZamaXeVjln3M
Organ Reveries
https://mega.co.nz/#!rUFAFBQb!LcEPJWDSDto1rUzXaOjoO3eBFCJ0XnjEOSCuPE8rlXI
Just wonderful! I also love all your Virgil Fox uploads. Thank you!!
You're welcome!
Merry Christmas, Buster - and thank you.
I think introducing myself to Virgil Fox is just what I need as we approach Christmas Eve; so thanks to you, I'll be enjoying his Carols album.
I confess I am also hooked by the promise of "ORTHOPHONIC SOUND"(!), not to mention your own deft refurbishments on these vinyls:)
Tanktop - Yes, orthophonic sound is so much better than orthopedic sound.
HAhaha!
Yes Buster -
always like to put the phonograph volume higher, so as to drown out my creaking joints...
You have such a great sense of humour...I'm wishing you a healthy and fulfilling brand New Year, my friend!
Nothing quite like the power of a mighty organ. Many thanks.
Post a Comment