02 July 2013

Thirteenth Batch of Reups

After doing twelve batches of reups, you would think all I have to offer would be available. But no, and so on we go to the thirteenth edition.

Almost all of these are from the early days here, and so are presented in mp3 only with no guarantees about the sound quality.

As before, the links below take you to the original posts, which feature my thoughts on the recordings, the covers, and the weather, as well as a new link. A complete set of the new links can be found in the comments to this particular post.

Mat Mathews

Here is one that I said I couldn't find; that is, until I realized it was filed under the name New York Jazz Quartet! LINK TO ORIGINAL POST

Jean Francaix

Neoclassical works by the French composer, with Francaix himself in the Concertino. LINK TO ORIGINAL POST

Diana Lynn - Piano Moods

The first of two post of recordings by the actor-pianist. LINK TO ORIGINAL POST

Diana Lynn - Piano Portraits

More from this delightful artist. LINK TO ORIGINAL POST

Manhattan Moods by Gould

One of the many easy listening records from the underrated composer. LINK TO ORIGINAL POST

Johnson Family Singers

Gospel favorites from the popular singing family. LINK TO ORIGINAL POST

Myra Hess

The great pianist in Schumann and a recital program. LINK TO ORIGINAL POST

The Red Army Band

Marching Maoists play for you. LINK TO ORIGINAL POST

Sue Raney Singles

The delightful singer in unreissued singles from the 1950s and 60s. These are in FLAC format. LINK TO ORIGINAL POST

Enesco Plays Schumann

The great composer-violinist in a recording from his last years. I rerecorded the first two movements and did quite a lot of manual editing to remove most vestiges of a pressing fault that marred the original post. Now offered in Apple lossless format. LINK TO ORIGINAL POST

10 comments:

Buster said...

Links:

Mat Mathews
http://rapidshare.com/files/4287638752/New%20York%20Jazz%20Quartet%20-%20Goes%20Native.zip

Francaix
http://rapidshare.com/files/3939086969/Francaix%20-%20Concertino%3B%20Serenade.zip

Diana Lynn
http://rapidshare.com/files/2910757039/Diana%20Lynn%20-%20Piano%20Portraits.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/3581221128/Diana%20Lynn%20-%20Piano%20Moods.zip

Manhattan Moods by Gould
http://rapidshare.com/files/3862156242/Morton%20Gould%20-%20Manhattan%20Moods.zip

Johnson Family Singers
http://rapidshare.com/files/641797086/Johnson%20Family%20Singers%20-%20Old-Time%20Religion.zip

Myra Hess
http://rapidshare.com/files/2677301233/Myra%20Hess%20-%20Schumann%20and%20Request

Red Army Band
http://rapidshare.com/files/1316904195/The%20Party%20Leads%20Us%20on%20to%20Victory.zip

Sue Raney Singles
http://rapidshare.com/files/295796893/Sue%20Raney%20-%20Singles.zip

Enesco Plays Schumann
http://rapidshare.com/files/2591881050/Enesco%20-%20Schumann.zip

Kevin WOlf said...

Thanks very much for taking the time to make these available again.

Ernie said...

Thanks, Buster!

Jolyon50 said...

Thanks Buster

I'm just going to have to figure out how to live a bit longer so I can listen to all this 'stuff'

Jols

Buster said...

Jols - Not a bad idea in any case!

Thanks, everyone.

StealthMan said...

Lucky #13 for me. I'm looking forward to the Diana Lynn and the Morton Gould.

Thanks!

StealthMan said...

Oh, darnit, that blue "download" button doesn't work for me for some reason.

I'll try this from another computer. If anyone has a workaround, please let me know. Thanks.

Dirk Bill said...

Wow, Buster, I had not been around the site lately (after going nuts with it when I first discovered it), and boy have you been really "ripping" these days! I have been dubbing off my dad's personal collection (acetates to reels) so I know what you go through. Needless to say, I am also hoping to live long enough to get to it all! Thank you so much for all this great work; I really appreciate it. Hopefully I can send some 10" wax your way some day.

Buster said...

@ Dirk Bill - Glad you are enjoying the posts! Thanks so much.

Unknown said...

Please re-up the Sue Raney singles.