Several people have asked me about reupping my Jackie Paris posts. I've finally located the files, so here they are.
There are two posts involved. The first is several unre-released singles by Paris, a superb but underappreciated singer. The other is his first LP, a 10-incher called "That 'Paris' Mood," most of which was later subsumed in the 12-inch LP, "Skylark."
Links to the reups are in the comments.
LINK TO ORIGINAL POST - SINGLES
LINK TO ORIGINAL POST - THAT 'PARIS' MOOD
'Clouds' and 'Lost in a Fog'
-
This is a companion piece to a post on the main blog in which I discuss Les
Brown's 1952 LP *Musical Weather Vane*, along with two other Brown albums.
Th...
1 month ago

3 comments:
Links:
Jackie Paris - Singles
http://www.mediafire.com/?876u94bpami29n3
Jackie Paris - That 'Paris' Mood
http://www.mediafire.com/?5k5y1g81v4gdgfu
Thanks so much for posting these singles again. It's amazing to get an album's worth of unheard Paris from back when his voice was at its sweetest. And to hear him in these different situations. Have just started listening but am already ready to put "You Go To My Head" right there with his best. And he's sounding pretty lovely in front of those back-up singers, too. I was even finding the scat sort of endearing -- in a silly, hip, Jackie Paris kind of way -- until it went on for more than thirty seconds or so. And great to hear this early version of Skylark, too. Thanks again!
Thanks hero for the re-ups...
although I got them before, I'm grateful taht you uploaded them again...
Paris rules!
Both the city and the guy :)
j.
Post a Comment